If you forget your Windows XP password, you can reset the forgotten password by using a password reset disk. In this article we show you 2 methods to create a Windows XP password reset disk. Then you can reset the forgotten Windows XP password on your own.
Windows XP allows user to create a password reset disk through control panel. So if you remember the password, you can create a Windows XP password reset disk in a matter of seconds, and when you forget the Windows XP password, you can use the disk to reset the forgotten password. Here we show you how to create and use such a disk.
To create password reset disk
1. Insert an USB flash drive into your computer.
2. Open User Accounts by clicking Start > "Control Panel" > "User Accounts".
3. Pick the user account that you want to create the password reset disk for.
4. In the Related Tasks area on the left, click "Prevent a forgotten password".
5. Follow the steps in the Forgotten Password Wizard to create a password reset disk.
To reset Windows XP password
1. Turn on the computer and insert the password reset disk.
2. Input a wrong password when you attempt to log on.
Windows will display a message that the password is incorrect.
3. Click "use your password reset disk" on the message.
4. Follow the simple instructions to reset Windows XP password.
The problem of this method is that you cannot create the Windows XP password reset disk if you can't remember the password. So if you've forgotten your password, This method could not help. Then you may refer to option 2.
Windows password reset software is another option for you. You can use the software to create a password reset disk with CD or USB flash drive, and you do not need to know the current password. There is plenty of Windows password reset software. Here We take Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery as an example. With this efficient software, you can create a Windows XP password reset disk and reset the forgotten password in less than 5 minutes.
1. Download and install Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery.
2. Easily create a password reset disk with the software.
3. Reset Windows XP password with the password reset disk.
There is no need to reinstall the Windows XP system when you forget your Windows XP password. You can easily reset the forgotten password with a Windows XP password reset disk. Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery is professional Windows password recovery tool. You can also reset Windows 7/Vista/2000 password with this software.
"I forgot my Windows password on my Dell laptop. Luckily this Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery helps me reset the password with ease. Share with you too. - Julia"