In order to guarantee the data security on computer, many Windows Vista users like to set an admin password to stop unauthorized user. But the problem is that it will also stop administrator from accessing to the computer if they forget the password they set. This will be troublesome, especially for the users who are urgent to get data from computer. So if you are forgetful, it is necessary to create a Windows Vista password reset disk.
To complete these steps, you need to prepare an USB flash drive and insert it into your computer in advance.
1. Click Start button -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts.
2. Click "Create a password reset disk" in the left pane.
3. The Forgotten Password Wizard will open, and then click next.
4. Select the portable media drive which you want to create a password reset disk on, and then click next.
5. Enter your current password, and then click next.
6. Click next when the progress indicator shows 100% complete, and then click Finish in the next window.
7. You can now remove the flash drive from your computer.
Once you have a Windows Vista password reset disk, you can recover Windows vista password and regain access to computer easily with it. Insert the password reset disk in computer and then follow the below simple steps to recover Windows Vista password:
1. Start your computer and get to the Windows Vista logon screen.
2. Type a wrong password Vista, and then Reset password link will appear on the Vista logon screen.
3. Click "Reset password" to Password Reset Wizard screen, and then click next.
4. Select the right disk if you have more than one password reset disk, click next.
5. Type in a new Vista password and password hint, click next.
6. Click Finish when you've successfully reset Windows Vista password.
If you've forgotten to create a Windows Vista password reset disk, and you don't want to reinstall computer, you still can perform Windows Vista password recovery with Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery. It allows you to recover forgotten Windows administrator and user password.
"I forgot my Windows password on my Dell laptop. Luckily this Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery helps me reset the password with ease. Share with you too. - Julia"