Windows 7 allows its users to create a password reset disk with an USB flash drive. And when you forget your Windows 7 password, you can reset Windows 7 password with the password reset disk. In this article we show you how to create and use a Windows 7 password reset disk.
1. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button, clicking "Control Panel", clicking "User Accounts and Family Safety", and then clicking "User Accounts".
2. In the left pane, click "Create a password reset disk".
3. You will come to the Forgotten Password Wizard. Then follow the Wizard to create the password reset disk.
Now you have successfully created a Windows 7 password reset disk. Make sure you store the password reset disk in a safe place. When you forgot Windows 7 password, you can use the password reset disk to reset the lost password.
1. Enter a wrong password when you attempt to log on Windows. It will display a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message.
2. Click "Reset password", and then insert the password reset disk into your computer.
3. You will come to the Password Reset Wizard. Then follow the Wizard to reset the password.
Now you can log on Windows 7 with the new passowrd. It is very easy for you, right? Please note that you can only create the disk when you remember the password. If you have lost your password, you need the help of third-party Windows password recovery tool such as Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery to regain access to the computer.
"I forgot my Windows password on my Dell laptop. Luckily this Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery helps me reset the password with ease. Share with you too. - Julia"