Download and install the Professional edition in a Windows PC that you can run as administrator, and then follow the steps listed below to reset Windows password. The whole process can be divided into 3 big steps:
1. Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive into the computer. Then launch the program.
2. Click Burn a Bootable CD/DVD or Burn a Bootable USB flash drive. Here takes USB for example.
3. Select the target USB device and click Burn to start burning.
4. Click OK when the burning task completes. You have just successfully created a password reset USB flash drive.
If you burn a password reset CD/DVD, please refer to Boot computer from the CD/DVD. If you burn a password reset USB flash drive, please follow the steps listed below.
1. Insert the USB flash drive into the locked computer.
2. Turn on or restart the locked computer, watch the screen for a message that will say "press to ...enter SETUP" or something similar. Press this key as soon as you see the message to enter BIOS menu.
Note: The key is different based on manufacturers, but F2, Delete and F10 are the most common keys.
3. Use the arrow key to select the Boot tab, and then select Hard Disk Drives and press Enter.
4. Select the 1st Drive, press Enter.
5. Select the USB, press Enter.
6. The USB have been changed to the 1st Drive.
7. Press F10 to to save and exit BIOS. You computer will restart and boot from the USB flash drive automatically.
When the computer successfully boots from the USB flash drive, you'll see Rekesoft Windows Password Recovery's interface. And you'll find that all Windows accounts are displayed.
<xxxxxx> means that this account is password protected.
<blank> means that this account is not password protect.
1. Select the user name of your target account, and then click Reset button.
2. Click OK when the password is successfully reset to blank.
3. You'll find that the target account's password is "<blank>". Here you can select another account and click Reset to reset its password or click Reboot to restart the computer.
When the computer restarts to the Welcome screen, select the target account and enter Windows without password.
"I forgot my Windows password on my Dell laptop. Luckily this Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery helps me reset the password with ease. Share with you too. - Julia"