As a special diagnostic operating mode of Windows system, safe mode which starts computer with a limited set of files and drivers helps you to diagnose and repair various computer problems. If you forget Windows XP password, you can bypass Windows XP password in safe mode. In this article we show you how to do that.
1. Repeatedly press F8 as the computer is booting to enter Windows Advanced Options Menu.
2. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and then press Enter.
3. Enter safe mode with an administrator account.
4. Type "net user" (without the quotes) and then press Enter. It will list all the accounts of Windows XP.
5. Type "net user Jack 123456" and then press Enter.
This command line means that you want to reset the password of "Jack" account to "123456".
6. Type "shutdown -r -t 00" and then press Enter. The computer will restart automatically.
Please note that this method will not work for you if you cannot enter safe mode with an administrator account. Under this circumstance, what should you do? Well, don't feel impressed. Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery is another good choice. This software can help you bypass Windows XP password in a few minutes.
"I forgot my Windows password on my Dell laptop. Luckily this Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery helps me reset the password with ease. Share with you too. - Julia"