As the latest operating system launched by Microsoft for only about 1 year, the sale of Windows 7 has surpassed Windows Vista in global market. It attacks increasing attentions and more and more people focus on Windows 7 functions. Here it introduces you how to change Windows 7 password. 3 different and detailed options for your to change Windows 7 password.
It is the easiest way to change Windows 7 password by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del.
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del when you are logged onto your Windows 7 PC.
2. Click on "Change a password".
3. Type your old password, type your new password, type your new password again to confirm it, press Enter.
This solution to changing Windows 7 password:
1. Right-click Computer to select Manage.
2. In the coming Local Users and Groups screen, double-click "Local Users and Groups", and then click Users.
3. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click "Set Password".
4. Type and confirm the new password.
Note: you can also go to Local Users and Groups screen by clicking Start button and inputting "lusrmgr.msc" into the Search box.
Windows 7 allows you to create a password reset disk to change Windows 7 password in case that you are locked out of computer. When you forgot Windows 7 password, please plug your password reset disk in computer, and then follow the below steps to change Windows 7 password.
1. Log on your computer with the target Windows account.
2. Enter a wrong password in the welcome screen password box, and hit Enter.
3. Click OK when the message that the user name or password is incorrect comes up.
4. Click on "Reset password" on the following screen.
5. Click Next when password reset wizard welcome screen appears.
6. Select the target password reset disk and enter Next.
7. Enter and confirm your new Windows password and click Next.
8. Click Finish to close the wizard.
9. Log on Windows 7 with the newly reset password.
Whether to use Ctrl + Alt + Del or use computer management to change Windows 7 password, it is only available when you can log on Window 7 machine with an account with administrator privileges. If you forget all administrator account passwords, you can turn to Windows password reset disk to change the lost Windows password. A Windows 7 password reset disk can really save you a lot of trouble when you forgot Windows password and locked out of computer.
If you forget to create Windows 7 password reset disk, you can try Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery. This safe and reliable Windows password recovery software allows you to burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive to reset lost passwords for Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT and Windows Server 2008/2003/2000. You can log on your computer again within 5 minutes with this tool.
"I forgot my Windows password on my Dell laptop. Luckily this Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery helps me reset the password with ease. Share with you too. - Julia"